In cooperation with Polk County Public Schools Instructional Continuity Plan (ICP) the Kathleen High School Band has moved classes to an online curriculum. Please see links below for helpful guides and resources for associated with the new curriculums.
The Director of Bands understands the challenges associated with an online curriculum, but remains committed to providing a robust educational experience for the students. The curriculums will include educational materials, assignments, and resources designed to develop the instrumental abilities of the students. It is paramount that parents and students remain patient and understand the circumstances of the situation we must work through together. The current situation will pass, we will return to school, bands will resume performing at some point, and we will get through this together. When it does, The Pride of Kathleen will be ready!
For the online curriculum, the Director of Bands will be primarily utilizing student email accounts, and social media pages to communicate with students, and parents. It is imperative that every student know how to access their student email account and that they check their account daily. Student email accounts can be accessed by logging into Classlink, using the student’s username and password provided for accessing the student portal.
The curriculum will utilize Microsoft Teams. Once you have logged into the application using your student portal email and password, you should have access to the information and resources for curriculum.
Parents & Students should reach out to the Director of Bands if they have any issues, questions, or concerns.
More Information can be found on the Parents & Students page
Resources & Links
- Free Internet Access through Spectrum for Students
- PCPS Distribution of Internet-Accessible Devices
- Video on how to access your Polk County Public Schools email address.
- Download Link for Microsoft Teams Applications
- Polk County Public Schools Instructional Continuity Plan, which details how learning will continue for the school district’s students while schools remain closed do to COVID-19.
- Polk County Public Schools ClassLink